On November 23, 2017, Airtel and Tigo officially joined forces to form AirtelTigo and their mobile money services subsequently also merged to create AirtelTigo Money.
There are so many things you can do with an AirtelTigo Money account but first you need to be a registered user, read below to learn more.
To register, you will need an active AirtelTigo sim card and a valid photo ID card (Voter's ID, National ID, Drivers' Licence, Passport)
1. Visit any AirtelTigo Money Authorised merchant or the nearest AirtelTigo
office and ask to be registered.
Foreigners must provide a valid passport to be registered
2. The merchant will capture your personal details
3. You will then be required to create a AirtelTigo Money PIN (4 digits). Your PIN is your secret number, never share it with anyone including the merchant
Your secret PIN is what you will use to authorise all transactions, so keep it safe.
A welcome message will be sent to your phone.
Congrats, you are now a registered AirtelTigo Money user.
AirtelTigo Money can be used for a number of things, some of which are to:
1. Send and receive money anywhere in Ghana
2. Buy airtime and internet bundles
3. Pay bills (e.g. DSTV, ECG, GoTV, Ghana Water, StarTimes, box office, school fees and many more)
4. Transfer money to and from banks
5. Pay for airline tickets
8. Buy online tickets for events
9. Receive remittances from abroad
Note: To increase wallet limit to cash out more than 2000 a day, you must provide at least one of the following: registered Tenancy Agreement, Utility Bill, Income Tax Certificate, Other Banks’ Statements, Reference Letter, or Employer’s reference letter in addition to your valid ID.
Facing any challenges? Dial 100 to speak to a customer service agent.
Like our Facebook Page to get our weekly tips delivered to you