It's 2018 and if your bank doesn't have a mobile app to digitise your banking experience, then I'm sorry you have to reconsider your options.
Ghana is gradually moving from a cash-based economy to a cash-lite economy and this is being spearheaded by the government of Ghana, various banks and fintech companies.
This is important as the transformation seeks to make banking convenient and more accessible to majority of Ghanaians who are still unbanked.
Below are some of the mobile banking apps in Ghana with their download links and USSD channels.
Note: With some of the banks, you will have to visit their offices to activate and accesss your digital banking account.
Leading this digitisation is Ecobank, which has so far got over 1 million customers registered to its Ecobank Mobile app in Ghana.
Related Post: How to send Money to a Bank Account without Using an App
The competition among the banks and fintech companies in Ghana to get both the unbanked and banked to patronise their mobile apps is very keen, so make sure you check the star ratings, features, ease of use and reviews of each app before downloading.
Some benefits of using the banking apps listed above are:
1. Access to your bank account 24/7 from anywhere across the world
2. Check bank account balance
3. Transfer money to mobile money wallet and vice versa
4. Top up mobile network airtime
5. View your bank statement
6. Make various payments. E.g. utility bills, school fees, post-paid bills, DSTV, air ticket
7. Make cardless ATM withdrawals
8. Locate nearest ATMs and branches
9. Link your mobile money to your bank account
10. Transfer funds between various bank accounts
11. Set a standing order
12. Shop online
Some Fintech Mobile Apps in Ghana:
Any apps we might have left out? Let us know in the comment box below.
Like our Facebook Page to get our weekly tips delivered to you