Public Holidays in Ghana 2019
- 3rd January, 2019 .
- 1 minute read . Updated on 7th May, 2019
Ghana will have 13 public holidays in 2019. We now have 2 new holidays: Constitution
Day which falls on 7th January and Founders' Day on 4th August. The 25th May AU Day and the 1st July Republic Day
have both been scrapped.
The following are the official public holidays in 2019.
- New Year's Day - Tuesday, 1st January
- Constitution Day - Monday, 7th January [New Holiday]
- Independence Day - Wednesday, 6th March
- Good Friday - Friday, 19th April
- Easter Monday - Monday, 22nd April
- May Day/Workers' Day - Wednesday, 1st May
- Eid al-Fitr - Wednesday, 5th June*
- Founders' Day - Sunday, 4th August [New Holiday]
- Eid al-Adha - Thursday, 12th August*
- Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day - Saturday, 21st September
- Farmers' Day - Friday, 6th December
- Christmas Day - Wednesday, 25th December
- Boxing Day - Thursday, 26th December
* Subject to visibility of the moon
As at Wednesday, 19th June 2019
Popular Post: Short Codes for All Mobile Networks in Ghana
Other notable days in Ghana
- Valentine's/Chocolate Day - Thursday, 14th February
- 7th March (Rest Holiday for only Primary and High School Students in Ghana)- Thursday, 7th March
- April Fool's Day - Monday, 1st April
- Mother's Day - Sunday, 12th May
- African Union Day - Saturday, 25th May
- Father's Day - Sunday, 16th June
- Republic Day - Monday, 1st July
Is 25th May still a holiday in Ghana?
Is 1st July a holiday in Ghana?
No, it's no longer an official public holiday. It's just a commemorative day.
Share this on WhatsApp