Public Holidays in Ghana 2019
- By Aku Sika
- . 3rd January, 2019 .
- 1 minute read
Ghana will have 14 public holidays in 2019. We now have a new addition: Constitution
Day which falls on 7th January. There will be no holidays in the
months of February, October and November.
The following are the official public holidays in 2019.
- New Year's Day - Tuesday, 1st January
- Constitution Day - Monday, 7th January
- Independence Day - Wednesday, 6th March
- Good Friday - Friday, 19th April
- Easter Monday - Monday, 22nd April
- May Day - Wednesday, 1st May
- Africa Day - Saturday, 25th May
- Eid al-Fitr - Wednesday, 5th June*
- Republic Day - Monday, 1st July
- Eid al-Adha - Thursday, 12th August*
- Founder's Day - Saturday, 21st September
- Farmers' Day - Friday, 6th December
- Christmas Day - Wednesday, 25th December
- Boxing Day - Thursday, 26th December
* Subject to visibility of the moon
As at January, 2019
Other notable days in Ghana
- Valentine's/Chocolate Day - Thursday, 14th February
- April Fool's Day - Monday, 1st April
- Mother's Day - Sunday, 12th May
- Father's Day - Sunday, 16th June
Check out exciting places/events to spend these holidays in Ghana.