Good news! Members can now renew their NHIS membership using AirtelTigo, MTN or Vodafone networks.
No more joining of endless and stressful queues at limited NHIS centres to renew your NHIS membership.
As part of the ongoing digitisation of Ghana's economy, Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia recently launched a digital innovation designed to make the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) more accessible to its members.
This new NHIS innovation allows registered NHIS members to:
by dialing the NHIS short code *929#.
1. Dial NHIS renewal code *929#
2. Select Option 2 to Renew Membership
3. Select Option 1 NHIS card
4. Enter your 8 digit NHIS card number. You will find this number on your Membership ID below your Date of Birth
5. Enter the NHIS number again to confirm it
6. Press Send
7. Now follow prompts to pay using your MTN Mobile Money, AirtelTigo Money or Vodafone Cash
Note: This service will be already compatible for use with the Ghana Card when it is fully scaled up across the country.
Facing any challenges? Leave a comment below, or contact NHIS by dialling 6447.
Like our Facebook Page to get our weekly tips delivered to you