MTN Ghana is offering its shares to the general public. This means that you can own shares in MTN Ghana and enjoy the benefits that come with it. This is a great opportunity for individuals and corporate bodies who want to be shareholders of the largest telecommunications network in Ghana.
You can start buying the MTN shares from 29th May, 2018 to 31st July, 2018.
Find out more about the MTN IPO activity dates here.
A share costs 75 Ghana pesewas and you can buy a minimum of 10 shares (costing you just GHC 7.50).
For the first time ever anywhere, you can use mobile money wallet to buy shares. Follow the steps below to buy MTN Ghana shares:
1. Dial MTN Mobile Money short code: *170#
2. Select Buy MTN Shares
3. Choose Option 1 to Buy MTN Shares
4. Enter the number of shares you want to buy. You can buy in multiples of 10, minimum of 10 shares. Each share costs 75 Ghana pesewas
5. Choose why you want to invest: option 1 for Savings, option 2 for Income and option 3 for Both
6. You will then be asked your investment knowledge: select 1 for Low, 2 for Medium or 3 for High
7. Check how much the shares will cost you and continue
8. Authorize payment by entering your MTN Mobile Money PIN
9. Approve transaction
10. You will then receive an SMS confirming your MTN Ghana Shares subscription
11. You will also receive another message with a password to log in to www.mtnghanashares.com
12. Visit the website (mtnghanashares.com), go to the menu, log in with your password and phone number, and download/print your subscription receipt
That's it, you have successfully completed the process.
Alternatively, you may buy the MTN Ghana shares online by visiting the MTN Ghana Share Offer website , reading the terms and conditions, and following the directions on the site.
Visit selected MTN Ghana branches, IC Securities Ghana Limited, selected banks (CalBank, Ecobank, Stanbic, Adb, Access, Barclays, Fidelity, GN Bank, Societe General, GTBank, UBA, UMB, Zenith, Standard Chartered, or FBNBank), or any GSE Licensed stockbroker.
Yes, you can buy additional shares after your initial purchase, just dial the MTN short code *170# or log in to the MTN Ghana Share Offer website to make the purchase. Take note of the offer dates above.
You can view the MTN Ghana Share Prospectus via this link.
Remember, it is advisable to always read the offer prospectus and seek expert advice before buying shares.
Like our Facebook Page to get our weekly tips delivered to you